Sunday, January 2, 2011

Projects


I've been spending the first weekend of the new year on two major projects: my first knitted sweater and my first hand bound 2011 planner. I'm sort of winging both and hoping that they turn out alright (this is how I approach most things in my life actually).

The sweater I started during a hand knitting class at FIT in the fall, and I just bought "How to Make Books" by Esther K. Smith which has given me a lot of ideas about how to make my planner.

Both are turning out to be more expensive than if I had gone out and bought them in a store, but this is partly due to my ignorance in designing a knitted garment and knowledge of affordable paper. I'm learning as I go, which I'm generally alright with. Hopefully these will be finished this week!

No comments: