Friday, April 3, 2009

Today's Happiness

So at this moment I am experiencing a surge of inspiration. Stemming from the acquisition of new folk music starting with Devendra Banhart and branching off to a number of new folk groups that I am loving.

Its not just the music, but the whole artistic scene that is attracting me.

I think I am just going to do my own thing for a while and not care what people here think. I am usually a very confident person, but not when it comes to my work. Now I just am not going to care. I think that illustration really isn't for me. I just want to do my own work, maybe show in galleries if I like my stuff enough, maybe work in a coffee place, or a book store...who knows. Illustration really isn't fun for me, and I don't know why I went into it in the first place. Bad decisions based on insecurity I guess. I know that if I told that to anyone here, they would think I was crazy and probably wouldn't waist their time on me. Which is sad, but I think true.

Oh well, I'm almost out of here. Then its off to somewhere better, hopefully. Right now I'm really feelin' going to San Francisco, or somewhere in warm California. I want to set up a really creative place with friends/ family and just live a really chill life. That's all I want really. Money isn't a priority, just a necessity, and I'm not going to let that stop me from doing what I want. You only live once right? Come hang out with me :)

No comments: